In just one hour, discover Chicago’s newest neighborhood, Lakeshore East, with a walk around two notable buildings designed by woman-led Studio Gang Architects: Aqua Tower and the soon-to-be-completed Vista Tower.
With its wavy, concrete balconies, Aqua Tower quickly became a Chicago icon when completed in 2009. Learn why its design has earned high praise from architects and critics around the world.
Soon, another distinctive building just a couple blocks away by the same designer will stand out in the city’s skyline: Vista Tower. When completed in 2020, it will be the third tallest skyscraper in the city.
In addition to these high-rises, get a feel for the surrounding neighborhood, which includes two large developments: Illinois Center, a large Mid-Century Modern office complex; and Lakeshore East, an evolving "village" by the Chicago River and Lake Michigan that boasts a six-acre park unknown to most Chicagoans.
This tour includes a stop in the lobby of the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, which features interior designer Jim Hamilton’s homage to Chicago and its architecture.
- Advance reservations are required for this tour.
- This is a tour of exteriors only.
- The tour's ending point is outside of the Vista showroom in the Coast, 345 E. Wacker.
- Although it's not required, we recommend making reservations in advance for this tour.
- Ticket price includes entrance to the Chicago Architecture Center within 7 days of your tour. View the CAC's hours.