CAC education guides lead interactive experiences for students that focus on architecture and design.
Education guides facilitate 90-minute field trips for students. These interactive experiences focus on architecture, design and Chicago history. Sessions incorporate hands-on collaboration tools to foster critical thinking in young people.
What is expected of an education guide?
- Facilitate CAC field trips (grades K-8)
- Be prepared to give field trips during weekday mornings and early afternoons
- Complete a feedback form for each field trip
Education guide training has three components
- Introduction to the Chicago Architecture Center—A two-hour orientation to answer all of your questions about our organization.
- Specific field trip training—This includes building interpretation, discovering Chicago’s rich history though architecture, design, engineering and what makes Chicago the “city of architecture.”
- Working with the youth—Learn various methods, styles and approaches for teaching a wide variety of audiences and ages.